Sunday, August 26, 2007

delightful side note!

So as of the week after next, due to a scheduling problem at the hospital I was supposed to go to in Jerusalem, I will be moving away from my safe and cozy desert hideaway and moving just a tidge closer to, well, Gaza.

Now I've lived there before it's a perfectly nice place to live. There's a beach and a cute little marina and my favorite pizza place "pizzameter," where you do indeed order pizza by the meter. I quickly adapted to the nightly fighter jets and the kazaam rockets and didn't feel all too terribly unsafe, although I was upset when my favorite beach and the water park were both hit within a week (the rocket that hit the water park just narrowly missed the Carlsburg beer factory, so it certainly could have been worse).

Well, our morning lecturer is the owner of the hospital I'll be working at, and he divulged some interesting information. (Oh, how much better life is without knowing too many facts!). Namely, that over 5,000 Kazaam rockets have fallen in that immediate region in the past year. He insists that they're not too much of a risk since they won't hurt you unless they land pretty much on top of your head. Which is true.

However, within the past 6 months a Kenyan bat and a French seagull both managed to poo directly onto the top of my head. So my head is either friggin gigantic, or has acquired its own magnetic field. I sincerely hope that this strange force attracts only exotic animal poo and not umm missiles, but I might invest in a sturdy hat.

No comments: