Friday, February 6, 2009

another winning combination

One of my patients hospitalized for suspected hepatitis got his lab reports back this morning. He now has a new diagnosis of "multiparasitosis" (which should really just be imprinted in the charts, it´s that much of a given.)

His lucky draw?
-Ascaris
-Giardiasis
-Whipworm
-Amoebiasis
-Hookworm

I´m amazed the worms haven´t staged a massive death battle yet; instead they seem to be peacefully coexisting if not actually plotting together to take over this poor kid´s every organ system.

On a personal note, my own roundworm infection is going awesome. I´ve decided to imagine the worms as silent squiggly protecters of my digestive system. This has freed me to eat absolutely whatever I feel like. Street-corner ceviche? Sounds great!

Unwise? Perhaps. But it keeps things interesting.

No comments: