Tuesday, February 24, 2009

umm . . .

The nurse I vaccinate with (72 babies yestereday!) has been buzzing all week about her son´s 1 year birthday coming up this Saturday. She checks every day to make sure I´m coming, and has given me not one, but two Strawberry Shortcake invitations as well as a map to the bar (yes, a one year birthday is being held at a bar) hand drawn in sparkly pen.

At the end of the afternoon today, she casually asked if I was going to dance at the birthday party. "Yeah, sure." I said, knowing that 99.9% of social events here (and many regular afternoons) involve a requisite minimum of booty wiggling before the night is through.

"Oh, good!" She jumped up and down. "You can dance and all the kids wíll laugh at you and now I don´t have to get a clown."

And she exited the room.

1 comment:

TriDreaming said...

HI! I stumbled onto your blog recently and I have to tell you I really enjoy your posts. I'm also in medical school, 5 months away from starting rotations in Phoenix, AZ. I think it is absolutely awesome the path you've taken for medical school. Sometimes I wish I had studied in another country to get the experience it seems like you're getting. (i love your parasite posts) I want to do third world medicine one day, I love it. Reading your blog reminds me of the things we take for granted here at my school in Kirksville, Mo. But I just wanted to say hello (and stop being a stalker?)and let you know I enjoy your blog :-)
-Sasha