Thursday, March 5, 2009

Neato!


While searching google for an image of a cotton ball in an ear (re: yesterday´s post). I came across this.

The gist of it:


Of all the health benefits that placing a piece of a cotton ball in the ear does
(by recreating the same pressure that the fetus does when it explores its ear
with its finger) the one which occurs the quickest (in minutes) and in all human
beings who have tried this is the relief of anxiety.
I have multiple favorite parts.
-First is the part about the cotton ball increasing the level of medicines in the bloodstream.
-Second is the reply stating that rayon won´t work, only 100% cotton (sort of makes you question the initial statement that the effect is derived by stimulating pressure receptors in the ear).
-Third is that the radiation from computers negates the cotton´s effects. (Clearly).
- My fourth favorite is the line that it works on "all human beings who have tried." First of all, amazing. I mean, amazing. Second, sad for anxious puppies and bunnies.

Okay, my true favorite part is imagining a fetus exploring its ear with its finger. Which naturally leads me to trying to envision an anxious fetus. (Google image got nothing for me there).

I mean I hate to be a cynic but, really.

//But maybe the all time best part is that three google results down from that result is the link: "How do I remove a piece of a cotton ball stuck in my ear?"


No comments: